Click here to view newsletter as PDF
HILLCREST MERCHANT SOCIETY DONATES $13,207 TO THE ALLEN SCHOOL!!
On January 18, 2018 members of the HarvestFest Committee of Hillcrest Merchants Assoiciation presented check for $13,207 to Candace Johnson, Executive Director of The Allen School. The event was held on November 3, 2018. School board members, parents and staff assisted as volunteers during the HarvestFest events. HUGE Thank You to everyone who came out and donated their time.
The Allen School has many more events planned in the coming months.
Stay plugged into our Facebook and website for the most current information!
New Playground Installed
This plyground equipment is specifically designed for children 2-5 years old who might have mobility challenges.
- The angles of the ramps, slides and climbing walls are less steep.
- The equipment itself is lower to the ground than standard equipment.
- Our swing set (pictured in the bckground of the first picture) is equipped with low-mobility swing which has high back and 3 point hard plastic harness.
- We also have wheelchir swing with ramps like wings which unfold to allow child confined to wheelchir (with teacher's assistance of course) to roll onto the swing, lock the wheels and swing freely.
- The floor of the playground is 3 inch thick rubberized foam under an artificial grass-like turf to provide safety and the feel of the outdoors.
Every Friday in the summer (weather permitting), we put out sprinklers and water toys for the children and open the playground up for
Water Play Day!
The new playground is a hit!!
Come by and see all the fun and exciting things
The Allen School has to offer today!